M.D.S Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics is that branch of dentistry which focuses on the alignment of the teeth and dental arches. This practice deals with diagnosis, prevention, interception,and correction of malocclusion and other abnormalities.
The program is structured to accomplish the following objectives:
- A proper etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment planning of all the Orthodontic problems
- Can prevent correct various treatment models in Orthodontics
- Thorough knowledge of the basic sciences relevant to the practice of Orthodontics.
- Interaction and relevance of social, cultural, economic, genetic and environmental factors management of oro-facial deformities.
- Factors affecting the long-range stability of orthodontic correction and their management. Personal hygiene and infection control, prevention of cross infection and safe disposal of hospital waste, keeping in view the high prevalence of Hepatitis and HIV and other highly contagious disease.