Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Palliative and curative aspects of this subject have assumed the status of being a science on their own. Of the several ramifications of Stomatology, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, this branch deals with treating and restoring defects of the teeth (be it decay, disfigurement, discoloration or any such problems) to result in problem-free teeth.
|B.D.S||M.D.S. Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Duration: 4 ½ years||Duration: 3 years|
|Annual Intake: 100||Annual Intake: 2|
|Eligibility: A pass in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) & English in individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in PCB at 10+2 level for General Category and for SC/ ST/ OBC be at 40% and OPH candidates be 45%||Eligibility: B.D.S.|
Head of Department: Dr. Dildeep Bali
Criterion IV: Infrastructure & Learning Resources
- Minor OT with Microscope
- Sterilization room
- Research room
- 4 lecture Theatres
- 2 well equipped UG section
- PG section
- Pre clinical lab.
- Department Library:
- A well equipped library with more than 41 books
- Latest issues are available online as E- journals (EBSCO )
- Back volumes of 5 journals of operative dentistry and Endodontic
- Teaching aids such as phantom heads, plaster models, Typhodont, extracted teeth etc.
- Wi-fi and broadband internet facilities
- Slide projector
- Laptop available for students and faculty
Faculty recharging strategies
- Lecture on “SLIM TIPS , SOFT” approach – Make a difference – by Dr. Rajiv Verma -10th September 2014 (1.30pm -2.30pm)
- Lecture on Crown and Bridge – Clinical pointers for success – by Dr.RatandeepPatil – 25th February 2015 (11am -12.30pm)
- Lecture and hands-on on Aesthetic Dentistry in Roshanara club – by Dr. PRASHANT BHASIN – 26th july and 30th august
- International Paper presentation at FDI , Thailand (22nd – 25th september , 2015)
- Awarded International certificate by Essential Dental seminar New Jersy USA july 2014
Criterion III: Research, Consultancy & Extension
- Research Projects:
- 4 Ongoing projects by PG students
- 6 ongoing research projects by faculty
- 16 completed projects by PG students
- Publications :
- 23 publications by faculty in indexed journals(INDEX COPERNICUS , INFO BASE , GOOGLE SCHOLAR, OPEN J GATE,IDJ)
Conferences organized and knowledge dissemination events:
- Organized workshop on Aesthetic Dentistry (30TH AUGUST 2015 DELHI)
- Lectures ( IDA , NATIONAL COFERENCE)
- Taken part in panel discussions at various conferences and CMEss
Ongoing Projects by Faculty
- DR. DILDEEP BALI
- Comparison of hypersensitivity between home bleach and in-office bleaching in vivo.
- DR. VIJAYA DHAR
- Comparison of fracture resistance of different restorative materials – amalgam, gold, ceramic, composite.
- DR. PRASHANT BHASIN
- Canal projection techniques for restoration of badly broken down teeth.
- Anti-fungal efficacy of MTA on Candida Albicans invivo/in vitro.
- DR. ERA ARORA
- Incidence and morphology of C-shaped canals in second mandibular molars analyzed by CBCT.
- Comparison of antimicrobial efficacy of different herbal irrigants on e.faecalis.
- Publications :
- 23 publications by faculty in indexed journals( INDEX COPERNICUS , INFO BASE , GOOGLE SCHOLAR, OPEN J GATE,IDJ)
Student Projects ( Apart From Thesis)
- To evaluate and compare the incidence of dentinal defects induced by hand files, Hyflex C.M, ProTaper next and one shape during canal preparation.
- To assess sterilization and infection control practice that are followed by dental practitioners in east Delhi region.
- “Rotary vs Reciprocating root canal preparation”
- Antibiotic prescription trends among Dentists : A survey
- Disposal of dental amalgam in private dental clinics of Delhi, NCR region.
Distinguished alumni of the department
|1||DR.HANIKA BHATIA||2008 – 2009||April 2011||Private Practice in Delhi [JP Hospital, Delhi]|
|2||DR.MIMANSHA AGARWAL||2008 – 2009||April 2011||Private Practice in Noida|
|3||DR.DEEPIKA YADAV||2009 – 2010||April 2012||Private Practice in Delhi|
|4||DR.NEHA GULATI||2009 – 2010||April 2012||Private Practice in Delhi|
|5||DR. AVDESH SHARMA||2010 – 2011||April 2013||Working as Senior Lecturer at P.D.M.Dental College, Haryana|
|6||DR. NEERJA SHARMA||2010 – 2011||April 2013||Private Practice in Delhi|
|7||DR. SHAFIA||2011 – 2012||April 2014||Working as senior lecturer in ITS Greater Noida|
|8||DR. SUGANDHA BHALLA||2011 – 2012||April 2014||Private Practice in Delhi|
|9||DR. EKTA GARG||2012 – 2013||April 2015||Private Practice in Delhi|
|10||DR. SURYBHAN YADAV||2012 – 2013||April 2015||Private Practice in U.P|