M.D. General Medicine
A postgraduate specialist having undergone the required training should be able to recognize the health needs of the community should be competent to handle effectively medical problems and should be aware of the recent advances pertaining to his speciality. The PG student should acquire the basic skills in teaching of medical / para-medical students. He /she is also expected to know the principles of research methodology and modes of consulting library.
At the end of postgraduate training the student should be able to: –
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of basic sciences related to his Speciality
- Diagnose and manage majority of conditions in his speciality (clinically and with the help of relevant investigations)
- Plan and advice measures for the prevention and rehabilitation of patients belonging to his speciality.
- Play the assigned role in the implementation of National Health Programs
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts or research methodology
- Develop good teaching skills