M.D. Obstetrics & Gynaecology
The purpose of this programme is to standardize Obstetrics & Gynaecology teaching at Post Graduate level throughout the country.
It will benefit in achieving uniformity in Undergraduate teachings and help in creating competent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with appropriate expertise.
The goal of MD course in Obstetrics and Gynaecology is to produce a competent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist who:
- Recognizes the health needs of women and adolescents and carries out professional obligations in keeping with principles of National Health Policy and professional ethics
- Has acquired the competencies pertaining to Obstetrics and Gynaecology that are required to be practiced in the community and at all levels of health system
- Has acquired skills in effectively communicating with the family and the community
- Is aware of the contemporary advances and developments in medical sciences related to Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Is oriented to principles of research methodology
- Has acquired skills in educating medical and paramedical professionals