The program aims at achieving uniformity in undergraduate teaching as well and resultantly creating, competent orthopaedic surgeons with appropriate expertise.
A candidate qualifying in the M.S. (Orthopaedics) examination should be able to:-
- Identify the diseases and injuries of musculo-skeletal system and perform thorough clinical examinations
- Plan and interpret investigations and management of diseases and injuries of musculo-skeletal system
- Acquire scientific tamper for teaching and research in the discipline/subject
- Acquire skills to manage orthopaedics services
- Organise rehabilitative services to the physically handicapped people