Diploma in Orthopaedics (D.Ortho)
The purpose of this programme is to standardize Orthopedics teaching at a Post Graduate level throughout the country so that it will benefit in achieving uniformity in undergraduate teaching as well and as a result creating, competent orthopedics surgeons with appropriate expertise.
A candidate upon successfully qualifying in the Diploma in Orthopaedics examinations should be able to-
- Identify the diseases and injuries of musculo-skeletal system and obtain proper history and perform thorough clinical examination
- Plan and interpret investigations and institute the management in diseases and injuries of musculo-skeletal system
- Acquire scientific temper for teaching and research in the discipline/subject
- Acquire skills to manage orthopaedics services
- Organise rehabilitative services to the Physically handicapped persons