Department of Community Medicine
The Department of Community Medicine at Santosh Medical College (Santosh University) is functioning as a full-fledged department since the inception of the Institution in 1995. This Department imparts teaching and training to undergraduate and postgraduate and PhD students in community medicine and to the students from different paramedical courses. Postgraduate students of other disciplines from medical, dental and paramedical courses are also imparted training in community medicine.
|M.D. Community Medicine||PG Diploma in Public Health||Ph.D. Community Medicine|
|Duration: 3 years||Duration: 2 years||Duration: 3 – 5 years|
|Annual Intake: 2||Annual Intake: 2||Annual Intake:|
|Eligibility: M.B.B.S.||Eligibility: M.B.B.S.||Eligibility: Candidates who possess a recognised Master Degree in Behavioural Science/ Home Science/ Nutrition/ Master in Public Health or allied subjects will be eligible for a Ph.D. from the Department of Community Medicine..|
Head of Department: Dr. R. K. Arya
Visit Community Outreach program
Teaching-Learning and Evaluation
- About the faculty and Faculty achievements –
- Dr. Gajendra Kr. Gupta –
- as Managing Editor of “Indian Journal of Community Medicine” – from 2013 till March 2014;
- as Assistant Editor of “Indian Journal of Community Medicine” – 2012;
- Member of National Advisory Board of “International Journal of Contemporary Medicine”;
- Had been remained as Executive Member of “Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development”.
- Dr. (Col) Narendra Singh –
- More then 35 years of professional and adm experience in AMC.
- Dr. (Brig) R. K. Sehgal –
- More then 36 years of professional and administrative experience in AMC.
- Dr. Gajendra Kr. Gupta –
- Diversity (faculty) – 87.5% from other universities within the state, 12.5% from universities from other state.
- Faculty Recharge –
i) MEU – Attended Basic & revised Training workshop in medical education- Dr Narendra Singh
ii) Conferences –IAPSM & IPHA
- Student Teacher ratio – MBBS – 4.67 :1, MD –0 .75 :1, Ph.D. –0.375: 1
- Self Directed learning – Being encouraged.
- Skills imparted – Epidemiology and preventions of diseases Health promotions, nutrition, immunization, water ,air & other environmental aspects ,Community survey /research in field, working in PHC/RHTC, Health Administration.
Research, Consultancy and Extension
- Extension – Outreach Programs including Public Private Partnership program, School Health Program existing
- Collaboration with CMO Ghaziabad since sep 2014 for PPP, Student Exchange programme with Univ of Colarado USA being worked out .
Total Publications so far- 46, scopus 23
|Research Papers Published in last 5 yrs by Faculty :||14|
|Ongoing departmental faculty research project :||03|
|Ongoing research Projects by MD students :||04|
|Ongoing research Projects by Ph. D. students :||02|
Number of Camps and Patients
NUMBER OF CAMPS
- RURAL OUTREACH PROGRAMME : 47
- PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP : 34
- PULSE POLIO CAMPAIGN : 04
- MISSION INDRADHANUSH : 04
NUMBER OF PATIENTS SEEN (DEPT – WISE)
|Obs & Gynae :||579|