Department of Pharmacology
The Department of Pharmacology of Santosh Medical College is well-established, innovative and dedicated to educating students both undergraduates and postgraduates. Emphasis is given to research and the department’s team, including students, is encouraged in research and is actively involved in presenting papers in national and international conferences. The department of Pharmacology also runs an anti-tobacco clinic with the help of clinical departments in the hospital. Department staff members have many publications in national and international journals. Pharmacovigilance section of the department identifies the hazards associated with pharmaceutical products and tries to minimize the risk of any harm that may come to patients. Department is well equipped for the award of doctoral degree in pharmacology.
|MD Pharmacology||Ph. D Pharmacology|
|Duration: 3 years||Duration: 3-5 years|
|Annual Intake: 3||Annual Intake: 6|
Head of Department: Dr. Vipender Singh Chopra
- Ongoing: 5 for PG students.
- 7 ongoing with outside institutes.
- 2 completed with outside institute (IPC, Govt. of India).
- Completed: 12 (M.D)
- Number of papers published indexed journals – 22
- Contribution in books by faculty – Manual for pharmacology practicals, Book on Statistical analysis of economic development in Uttarakhand by Dr. V.S. Chopra.
- Organized lectures by eminent guest speakers – Dr. K.K Sharma, Dr. Pawan Malhotra.
Pharmacovigilance Committee in Santosh Medical University includes-
- 1.Coordinator – Dr. V.S Chopra (HOD Pharmacology)
- 2.Technical Associate – Mr. Nitin Chauhan (M.Pharm)
- Technical Associate visits OPDs and wards to collect Adverse Drug Reaction reports on daily basis.
- Vigiflow entry of ADRs is done on regular basis.
Criterion IV: Infrastructure & Learning Resources
- UG Student laboratories – 2 (Pharmacy lab and experimental lab)
- Research laboratory –1
- Library – Departmental 131 Books and Dissertations for reference.
- E-Journals – Available (256)
- Internet facilities for staff and students – Available (With Wi-Fi)
- Demonstration rooms – 2