Diploma in Forensic Medicine (DFM)
The purpose of this programme is to homogenise Forensic Medicine teaching at Post
Graduate Diploma level across the country. With the ultimate aim of achieving uniformity in Undergraduate teaching.
A candidate upon successfully qualifying in the D.F.M. (Diploma in Forensic Medicine) examinations will be able to –
- Become an expert in Forensic Medicine, Toxicology and Medical Jurisprudence.
- Identify and define existing as well as future Medico-legal problems. Resolve problems by planning, implementing, evaluating and modulating Medico-legal services.
- Undertake medico-legal responsibilities and discharge daily duties in general as well as hospital practices.
- Keep abreast with all recent developments and trends in Forensic Medicine, Medical Ethics and the Law, CPA, court procedures.
- Evaluate professional activities, educational needs and select learning resources appropriately.
- Deal with practical problems related to forensic, clinical, emergency, environmental, medico-legal and occupational aspects of toxicology.
- Deal with Medico-legal aspects of Psychiatry, Mental health and Drug Addiction.
- Teach Forensic Medicine and Toxicology to UG and PG diploma students and also to the medical officers dealing with M.L. Cases, I.Os & judicial officer